CDRC is a small local organisation which started over 30 years ago.
20 years ago, in 1996, it became a registered charity and we moved out into the community. All the work is done on a volunteer basis and is funded by donations, gifts and fundraising.
Services To Churches & The Community
There are six main areas of work that CDRC can offer to churches; as an ecumenical Christian organization we aim to help with evangelism, outreach and fellowship in the following areas:
- Story-telling team – using costumes and props, we aim to bring a Bible story to life and encourage audience participation.
- Supply (loan) of costumes and props for sketches in church, holiday clubs, church drama groups, fundraising events and nativity plays, outreach and fellowship events.
- A library of Christian scripts and sketches.
- Talks and presentations for groups e.g. over 55’s, church or community fellowship groups meetings.
- Puppets: Andrea, our storyteller, has several puppets. We like to encourage new puppeteers through training in small groups.
- Story-telling and Drama Workshop Training in small groups.
Do you want to use more drama in your church with children’s work or in worship? Do you have people who are willing but lack the confidence to do it?
Why not make use of Andrea’s long experience and expertise in these areas? Andrea is a qualified primary school teacher (B.Ed.Hons. in Drama and Education) and has had many years experience with all ages (including people with special needs) running drama workshops, drama groups in churches, using drama in worship and outreach and also working in schools.
She is willing to come and lead small groups to encourage your own people to develop their talents!
This service is for parents, teachers and helpers on educational school visits to historical sites. It is also for drama teachers involved in school presentations. We can supply costumes for the school ‘History Days’ or any curriculum need.
At present, the most used periods covered are:
- World War Two (evacuees and teachers)
For other historical periods please click here as we have ….
- A limited number of other periods, including: Greek, Roman, Viking, Saxon, and Stuart.
- Book Week characters.
We can also supply nativity costumes but it is advisable to book early as these are in great demand.
We do not charge for any of the work or resources we offer but are always grateful for donations however large or small. These donations enable us to continue our work and witness. All our workers are volunteers, as are our five trustees. Donations can be gift aided.
Click here for our donation page.
All costumes are now on site but please still ring to book costumes and place your order.
To discuss storytelling or training, please speak to a team leader at CDRC
Trustees, Team leaders & Board of Reference
To see a list of the structure of the charity click here